[Jacob-list] Registration

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 21 14:38:06 EST 2008

>For someone new to this list and relatively new to Jacobs (to sheep

>of any breed actually!), can someone summarize how the two Jacob

>registries are similar and different, addressing the question 'why'

>would one register with one, the other, or both?

=======
Many years ago, someone locally told me that one Jacob registry was "easier
to get into" than the other one and that I should try for the easy one to
make sure the sheep got registered. I didn't pursue it. I don't know if
this is true today. Really doesn't make much sense; except, I suppose that
the "easy" one will have more sheep registered in it. Wouldn't the sheep
have a higher value if they are in the registry with the higher standards
(i.e. harder to get into)?

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho