[Jacob-list] Worming guard llamas

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 12:55:06 EST 2008

Besides paste, drench and shots, you can use horse worm pills - I get some from a vet in Greece/Bulgaria that I found on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Horse-Wormer-ALL-Worms-Bots-20-doses_W0QQitemZ220203981563QQihZ012QQcategoryZ98838QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are two kinds fenbendazole and ivermectin

cost in the neighborhood of $50 for 30-40 pills plus shipping.

Remember llamas range 280 +/- to 400 +/- lbs. Those under 18 mos get 1/2 the adult dose. Or you can dose them a second time the folowing week, if you think they are over-exposed to worms or heavier.

I break the pills in half, bury them in the grain and hand-feed each llama to make sure they get the pill. All of my llamas are civilized enough to hand-feed - adult males isolated from each other, of course

if the link doesn't - search horse wormer

* BROAD SPECTRUM HORSE WORMER*

Removes Worms and Bots (Boticide) with a Single Dose
(removes and tapeworms,very few expensive brands do that)
Multi Dose ALL Wormer for Horses
Highly Palatable apple flavored pills

1 bottle contains 40 pills ,enough for 20 (1100-1300lbs) Horses
that is: $2.50 to treat a 1100-1300 lbs Horse
The only ALL-Wormer for Horses at such a low price