[Jacob-list] supplemental feeding

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Feb 2 17:30:22 EST 2008

Hi Kathey,

Are these Gatsby's? Love to see pictures. I have supplemented lambs occasionally. Milking the ewe and then bottle feeding the lamb works the best, but it's not always easy to milk the ewe. Fresh goat's milk is another good choice if you can get it. Canned goat's milk (diluted) or one of the commercial lamb milk replacers if that's all you can find. It's best to give just a little (2 or 3 ounces) at a time right now.
Is the lamb standing and moving around ok now? I guess she is if she's trying to steal milk. I can't see where it would hurt to supplement her a little bit until she catches up.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com