[Jacob-list] Jacob sheepskins wanted

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 23:57:28 EDT 2008

Does anyone know of a seller of high quality Jacob sheepskins? I made a
terrible mistake the other day and lost the use of my Jacob pelts for
tanning. I had two fresh pelts from the butcher's shop, but I couldn't get
them salted right away. I folded them with the fleece on the outside and
put them in a cool room. Big mistake. Two days later the wool pulled away
from the skins. I salvaged the wool, but was told that I would never get
the stink out of it so don't make a scarf or anything to wear around the
face. I might get away with knitting a pair of socks for someone with
stinky feet anyway,,,,,

Anyway, I owe a friend a sheepskin, but don't want to give her the ones I
have. I am interested in purchasing a nice black/white sheepskin or two;
not spotted, but blended black and white to replace the ones I lost.

Remember, salt those fresh pelts immediately!.

Thanks,
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho