[Jacob-list] Extra testosterone??

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Fri Apr 25 08:14:03 EDT 2008

This year a little ram lamb was born here with a rather unusual deformity -- he has a divided scrotum........rather than a single scrotal sac, his scrotum has a single base but is then divided into two separate little scrotal sacs, each the same size. This lamb was only born yesterday so I have no idea at this point whether each sac will have one testicle or two testicles -- if each sac has two testicles can I expect a ram with an extra dose of testosterone - i.e. a ram on steroids??!!! Has anybody else ever seen this? First thing I always check on new lambs is their gender......when I checked this little guy I thought my progressive lenses were playing tricks on me and I was seeing double!!!!

Sue Martin
Stonecroft