[Jacob-list] Limnaki Flock

Williams Family williams at jacobsheep.com
Fri Apr 18 10:24:35 EDT 2008

The Limnaki flock was one of the early Jacob flocks in the Pacific Northwest. Bette and David Heimann had a large flock of Jacobs and Shetlands on their farm on the San Juan islands. They were very active breeders and transported sheep all over the country. David was president of JSBA. He died suddenly (after a "heated" discussion about sheep as Black Sheep Gathering, I'm told) in the early 90's, I think. Bette wasn't able to manage the farm herself and the flock was dispersed or died out. Last i heard from Bette in the mid-90's, she was moving to New Zealand.

- Mark Williams
Swallow Lane Farm & Fiberworks