[Jacob-list] Inducing birth.

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Mon Apr 14 13:36:10 EDT 2008

First let me say I DO NOT have an exact breeding date on this gal. We did
have ultrasounds done, and she was due the earliest on the 9th at 147 days.

Now that I have a little more info on this ewe, I probably would not have
bred her.. She is a 12yo ewe, that ha produced 3 of the NICEST ewes in my
flock. She has a pinched nerve in her neck which gives her a little trouble from
time to time... BUt we found out, that she has a significant heart murmor.

All that on the table. She vaginally prolapsed last Sunday (4-6-08) She
is sheared off pretty close, and didn't have enough wool to hold a ewe spoon
in. SO I put a box Stitch in with 1/8" umbilical tape.

We are watching her like a hawk, as OBVIOUSLY, we need to be there
IMMEDIATLEY when she starts to lamb. We have her in a horse stall with a few of her
old buddies, with the foaling camera on. Im up each night hourly to check the
camera, and have the volume turned WAY up, so if she starts yelling, we can
hear her.

I would have no issues inducing labor if we KNEW the EXACT breeding date,
but I just am not willing to trust that U/S 100%.

Anyone offer any advice on this? Id sure like to get some sleep SOON!

Finance. (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)