[Jacob-list] Sold Jacobs returning!

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 20:36:07 EDT 2007

Last March I sold a group of 8 sheep to a woman that wanted to use them to show off her trained dogs. She called tonight and reported she is getting a divorce, selling the farm and moving back to WY - can I take the sheep back?

Of course! She did place two, so it is just 6 coming back and I still have many 2007 and older ewes to place! One of the ewes coming back is really special as she was Res. Breed CH as a lamb in 2005, she did a parade and a benefit and is one high-stepping proud-walking ewe.She is returning with her 2007 ewe lamb sired by a lilac ram Another Jacob is a quieter, friendly one also with her ewe lamb by the lilac guy (lamb was born after dam left here). So, I suddenly have 6 more ewes than I had planned for and would be happy to place a few of these or other 2005-2007 ewes (or older ones if you truly want same). I am in OH. I will be taking two sheep to exhibit at the Yellow Springs A Wool Gathering as we usually do, tomorrow.

If you are near Ithaca NY - Marie (on this list) may have room to bring back a ewe or two for you - she will be here last weekend in Sept to fetch a ram and a ewe for her flock.

General question - when someone wants to bring back a Jacob - automatic yes? Depends on how long or circumstances? Does this happen to you?