[Jacob-list] Making products with Jacob horns

Leigh Nelson shmee1 at mail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:24:51 EDT 2007

I have seen on some peopls websites that they are making buttons with
Jacob horns and was wondering how are they made? I had two senior ewes
pass away on me this year and saved the horns before disposing of them.
I would like to make something with them and am looking for inspiration,
help, & any advice available. I noticed on the inside of the horns at
the base is white (I'm assuming this is the marrow) does it need to be
removed/cleaned prior to making something? Do people make buttons
themselves or is it sent to someone with specific skills? What steps are
followed when making buttons from horns? Thanks,Leigh

--
We've Got Your Name @ www.mail.com!!!