[Jacob-list] Voluntary program

Brenalan Farm info at brenalanfarm.com
Thu Oct 11 21:09:37 EDT 2007

The rules make some reference to rams that haven't been with ewes of lesser status keeping their status, so I read that to mean if the other people using the ram(s) were not in the voluntary program that the voluntary farm would go backwards? It sounds like you can only share with people who are also in the program... there was also reference to animals with access to lambing pens, etc. I find it a little hard to interpret the rules on the first reading or two! I'm kind of hung up on the necropsy rates too, and the expectation of 1% per year. We have a young flock, and haven't lost any animals yet (counting blessings!) but it could be years before we have had a hundred move through here. Thanks to those who have responded!

Brenda