[Jacob-list] injury update

Paige Bowser paigebowser at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 18:03:17 EST 2007

Thank you all so much for your help, I got so much great advise from
you all, and there weren't many conflicts!
Lilly is eating, and clam, her ear is torn near the end, and she may
have a bite towards the base, but I can't get it as clean as I would
like, but there is no tear there, so that is good. Her neck and
shoulders are a bit swollen from being scratched and bitten, and our
neighbor is traumatized because he witnessed it and didn't know what
to do. He threw rocks at them, but didn't go inside the fence, and
I'm glad he didn't .

I gave Lilly some Penn, pepto bismol, and some wormer because she
needed it, and she is happily munching hay in a pen with her sister.
I think all will be okay as long as we don't get an infection.

About the dog. His name is Bennett, and he is very well trained. He
was given to us by his trainer because she could not give him the
herding time that he needed because he has a blood sugar issue, and
has tremors if he works too hard. She trusted me to give him a good
home, and I feel like I have failed in that; because of what happened.
It was my ignorance that caused this, not his bad behavior. He only
did what was in his breeding and training, and I am lucky it was not
worse. We will be keeping Bennett, and changing the way we do things,
and I will be telling him I'm sorry for being mad at him for quite
some time. I feel really bad about this, I just don't want anyone to
make the same mistake I did. I am sure all of you know not to do what
I did, but I wish his trainer had plainly told me not to let him alone
with them, instead of assuming that I wouldn't. So for newbies in the
future, I think this should be one of the things they are told.

Thank you all again for your advise, encouragement, and support.
Paige Bowser
www.abbevillehomegrownsoap.com