[Jacob-list] ram is a fence jumper

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 20:27:11 EDT 2007

so i finally got my ram fenced off from my ewes. But i went out just now
and he was back in with the ladies, his foot was cut and somehow he managed
to clear a 5 foot fence! what?

he is not a problem with me, i have a technique for dealing with rams, i
don't let then second guess who is boss, about once a week when they are
eating grain I tackle them to the ground, and pin then with their face in
the dirt so they can't move. it may sound bad but the only thing hurt is
their pride and that's the idea. For a good few days he stays well away
from me and gets all meek. Then he gets a head on and we do it again.

Can i hobble him? His only problem is his 20 foot charges and knocking my
little 70 pound ewes off their pregnant feet. if i could tie his feet so he
could only shuffle around there would be no problem. we are past the point
of humane here. He is lamburger if one of the ewes aborts.

tom