[Jacob-list] Herbicides and grazing

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Sun May 6 22:44:07 EDT 2007

We have two meadows with very little grass and an overgrowth of white clover and chickweed. We are not "real" farmers and thus don't have the licenses required for serious herbicide application. However, if I use a weed-b-gone type product or similar systemic herbicide, how long should I wait after application before using the meadows safely for grazing? Is it correct to assume that grazing would not be safe until complete die off of the weeds? Would it also be prudent to mow the meadow several times prior to grazing? Any advice would be appreciated. (Neal, you're a real farmer - maybe you can help me out with this question?)
Sue Martin
Stonecroft