[Jacob-list] Weaning Age

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Sun May 6 12:35:24 EDT 2007

I have a pair of bottle lambs... Born 3-15-07 So they are almost 8 weeks
now... How soon should I concider weaning? They are on about 18 oz replacer
3x a day now... we hope to put them to 2x a day this week.

We have 1 of the 2 that does not always finish his bottle.. and they both
have the scours right now (but under control)

They are eating hay and grain VERY well... They are regularly in the
creep... And between all 7 lambs in that pen.. we are going thru 2 flakes of
alfalfa a day plus 1 large coffee can of a medicated lamb creep pellet.

When I was penning them up by themselves, they were eating 1 to 2 cups of
the creep pellets, plus nearly a half flake of alfalfa per day.