[Jacob-list] Shearing Observations and Questions

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri May 4 19:53:50 EDT 2007

--Leigh wrote--

>First, I noticed that the ram's testicles are

>missing some hair and skin is exposed. I remember when I sheared his

>belly in the winter that hair was covering all of the testicles. Is the

>lack of hair due to the increase in temperature or is this due to some

>kind of infection.

========
My 11-yr-old ram was beyond this condition and developed a callus, looked
like a small tumor. My shearer told me not to worry, it is an abrasion
from rubbing on the ground. No, it's not THAT large, just rubs on his legs
and on the ground when he is lying down, etc. Keep an eye on the area for
any changes.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho