[Jacob-list] Pretty frusterated with my first Jacob Crop

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 12:46:17 EDT 2007

Sorry to hear you're having such a challenging time
with lambing! If you bought the ewes already bred,
about 6 weeks ago, they have had a lot of stress
moving to a new place so late in their gestation.

They may be Jacob crosses. If you breed the ewes and
they product solid lambs, I think you'll know for
sure. Fred, can you help with this genetics wise? Are
you still on this list?

> I don't know what they are.. I don't THINK they are

> Jacobs. They are colored correctly.. But.... Their

> horns are STRANGE..

My ewes are out in the pasture. I have had two lamb
outside. I iodine the navals of the lambs, but they
have stayed outside with their moms. Of course, I live
in NC and it's warm here. They have a tarp shelter in
case it rains.

I've had ram lamb years, too!

I've noticed this year that my two ewes should have
twinned. Both singled. Thankfully, both are ewe lambs,
so kids will have ewe lambs to show in the State Fair
this year. They are also the kids' ewes. They are both
VERY excited!

Hang in there!
Joy T in NC
www.shepherdofspots.com