[Jacob-list] Bottle baby questions and more

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 11:00:24 EDT 2007

Well.. My old ewe I posted aout last week didn't make it. We euthanised her
on Wednesday.....Her twin lambs are doing well.. took right to the bottle
without question. I had been so careful about overfeeding on these guys,.. But
made a mistake on my dilution when switching to a locally avail milk re
placer.....Anyhow.. the boys were getting too much milk. Sat afternoon, the
bigger of the 2 developed pasty, then liquid yellow scours. The smaller lamb was
a bit pasty. I gave the big lamb 2 doses of Kaopectate (3cc) I put them
both on Pedialyte and water only (no milk re placer) with a bottle every 4
hrs... alternating between a unlimited amt of water, and then 1 cup of pedialyte
to each lamb Their stools are still yellow, and are beginning to gel up.

I gave them a single bottle of milk last night, with 1/2 the normal powder
and the full amount of water.

Any advice of what works for you all?