[Jacob-list] size of horns on ram

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Mar 25 21:48:38 EDT 2007

Do you know his background - have you seen his sire/dam? If they both have acceptable strong horns, then maybe it is nutritional (but I doubt it)
A yearling Jacob ram doesn't have small horns. Yearling rams will have horns way, way, WAY, larger than adult ewes. I wouldn't consider the light frame a red flag unless coupled with an unknown background and "dainty horns". Jacobs are a primitive breed and a light frame is an acceptable part of primitive. Dainty horns on a ram is a different question.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com