[Jacob-list] Barn Camera

Paintedrockfarm at aol.com Paintedrockfarm at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 17:40:28 EDT 2007

I use security cameras -- easy and generally inexpensive purchased from
Radio Shack or similar type store. Lowe's has a decent system as well by First
Alert also. If you do not have a really long distance to cover from barn to
house (like under 300 feet), opt for the wireless system. Otherwise, longer
distances will require underground cable installation, which also drives up
the cost. My cameras are from the First Alert system and have video and sound
on a small 5" monitor we have in our bedroom.

During lambing season, it stays on any time I am indoors. If it seems to be
a "quiet" night ahead, I turn down the picture and only keep the sound up.
It's too much light for me to sleep with the TV on, so I darken it to
maintain sound only. I can rest better and still am a light enough sleeper to be
awakened by the grunts, groans and "talking" of ewes in labor.

Cheryl

Mike & Cheryl Terrano
_Painted Rock Farm_ (http://members.aol.com/paintedrockfarm)

Buckhannon, West Virginia