[Jacob-list] Re; Update on my Old Ewe

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 16:29:14 EDT 2007

Wanted to edit.. we ran 1000 ml into her at the clinic and she has another
1000 running in her here at the house.

Now then.. Vet says she feels it is NOT peritonitis from a tear during
lambing (Phew, That had been weighing heavy on my mind) and thinks Ketosis and
Milk fever are not likely either.. as We treated for both, and it has been a
good while.....

She suspects that the lambs took a toll on her... They were born Thursday...
and she was not a heavy milker.. But they weighed in at 11.5 and 9 lbs....
at 4 days old! The vet thinks that between the hard labor, and the strain of
2 large lambs tapping her dry, and her age.. she gave out. Additionally,...
Her body condition score is pretty low... I have had the flock for only 1
month......And put them on a much more nutrient dense feed.. (Alfalfa and
Grain.. Vs. Drought stricken grass hay /pasture and grain)