[Jacob-list] What's in a name?

snielsen at orednet.org snielsen at orednet.org
Sun Mar 18 13:18:29 EDT 2007

Back before we had a farm, when Richard was first coming around to see me,
he would call and say something like, "I have some dinner sausages and
some beer, would you have a pan on the stove and can I come over?" and I
would say, "Sure, but the place is a shambles," because I would be working
on some project and darned if I was going to put it all away just because
somebody wanted to share sausages. Then one day he showed up with a custom
made sign, the kind that is supposed to say The Joneses or something for
your front porch if you are the Joneses. But this one said The Shambles.
Of course, we brought it with us when we came to the farm, and now the
farm is The Shambles and the sheep are Shambles (your sheep's name here).

Susan
--
Peace also takes courage.