[Jacob-list] What's in a name?

Heather Hettick hettick1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 21:32:52 EDT 2007

We chose Moonstruck as our farm name mainly because I showed and bred basenji dogs before we started with sheep and that was the kennel name I used. I'm not sure why we chose it but it's the name my husband and I agreed upon. I guess it has to do with the Italian thing. He's part Italian and I lived up in Sicily and it sounded cute.

I like using plant/flower names for the sheep but sometimes they get funny names because of the kids like flopsy and mopsy - Flopsy had a really floppy ear after being orn, or Tiny who started out very small and delicate. Last year we had a bunch of names from the Harry Potter books like the triplets Harry, Ron and Hermione and the twin ewes Lily and Petunia (flower names too). My 5 year old son recently "named" a pair of ram twins "black eyes" and "tailspot". We were trying to give them names to remember who they are. If either of those two make it to registration, they will hopefully get better names.

Heather Hettick
Moonstruck Farm
Creston, OH