[Jacob-list] names?

Hobsickle at aol.com Hobsickle at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 20:55:33 EDT 2007

"Dandy's" is a contraction of my name and my wife's (Dan & Sandy).

When we got into Jacobs we thought that we'd do everything we could to give
the sheep Bible names since the breed was named after sheep described in the
Bible. That may seem like a challenge, given that one keeps more ewe's than
rams, but a few years ago while reading threw the Bible I kept a list of
every woman's name I ran across--it's 110 names long. Couple that with Biblical
concepts and words like "Peace" for a particularly mild ewe, "Agape" (the
Biblical word for love) for a ewe born on Valentine's day, and "Noah's wife" for
a ewe we never got around to naming (Noah's wife appears as a character in
the Bible, but her name is never listed) and we've got quite a list to choose
from. Some of the sheep get names that seem to fit based on their character
and some just get the names that strike our fancy at the moment, but so far
so good on the Biblical motif.

-Dan