[Jacob-list] infected foot

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:41:31 EDT 2007

ok mine is my front left but my ewe is almost a year, i said young because i
did not want to throw anyone off with the foot problems with older ewes.

I just trimed the hoof and i have never done it before, i have rocky terrain
and they never need it. even today i only trimmed off an 1/8 inch and i was
down to tender tissue, there was no bad smell, or anything.

BUT i trimmed both and the one half had a small halo of white on the outer
edgebetween the soft core and the black outer shell (if anyine knows the
correct terms for these parts let me know) so that was the area that seems
to have rotted away.

let me know if this seems familiar to anyone.

tom