[Jacob-list] Wethers

Ralene Mitschler rmitschler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:20:14 EST 2007

Hi Beryl a nd Jacob sheep listers,
I have about 8 wethers that I have kept with the whole flock for a
couple of years now. Sometimes I split the rams from the ewes (like
this time of year when lambs start arriving) just so I don't have to
watch out for the rams... The wethers go along to keep the rams
company. Now and then a wether hops the fence and joins the girls but
I have never had any trouble. If a younger ram now and then
challenges a bigger one a bit seriously, it is interesting how all the
wether 'uncles' step in and body block the combatants. They do get
big but their fleeces are nice. A couple are very serious pets : )
Ralene

PS I have just updated my webpage with photos of my first 4 lambs....3
ewe and 1 ram lambs so far....ewe pages 2 and 3

--
Ralene Mitschler
Chicory Lane Farm Jacob sheep
rmitschler at gmail.com