[Jacob-list] round bale users/ hay substitutes

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Jul 22 18:12:52 EDT 2007

Could you supply a picture of your feeder? Mine's home made and I'm still fine tuning it. Rounds bales are WAY cheaper here, too, and are usually available when we can't get square bales. Mark's comment on the quality of round bales being less than square bales used to be true around here. We just lucked into round bales that are really great.

Last year, I used a lot of alfalfa pellets and Blue Seal Hay Stretcher to stretch out our hay supply. I liked both, but since they are the same price and I have to drive 75 miles (round trip on a windy country road - two hours driving, plus a stop at the book store, the chinese restaurant, my favorite thrift store, made it a long day) to get Blue Seal, I used more of the alfalfa pellets.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com