[Jacob-list] Jacob-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 18

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 12:26:56 EDT 2007

I don't know if a llama here would work. I have heard
they will attack dogs - even family dogs that go into
a paddock where they are with their sheep. Also, I
don't know if a llama would raise my liability
insurance - we have farm visits here and my agent is
very concerned about "risk levels".

I think I will put electric along the TOP of all outer
fencing (had portion done, but not all). Will also be
clearing brush to make things more open and visible.

We will be putting up "Keep Out Private Property",
"Warning Electric Fence" and "Beware of Dog" signs
both in English and Spanish.

I tattoo my rabbit's ears for identification. May
start to tattoo tag number on the sheep's ears, too.
If done when they are lambs, they'd be easy to hold
and "do".

How sad for your neighbor to lose part of their
petting zoo. People are SO unthinking! Bet they stole
the cute little goats not thinking they will grow up
to be BIG goats!

have a great day all! We're getting back to "normal"
here.

Thanks for all the encouraging e-mails! Another
chapter in shepherding, I guess!

Joy T.