[Jacob-list] Whoops Babies born!

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Jul 16 21:34:18 EDT 2007

I agree with Joy, 2 cups of grain every few hours is a lot - especially since she just lambed yesterday. I will usually grain a very small amount the first day or two - just enough to keep the ewe from getting really pissed off at me. You don't want to bring to push her milk production that early. Just my opinion, but you'll create more problems by over feeding than under feeding at this stage - especially since you have that good Colorado alfalfa available to her free choice and she is an old ewe.

The lambs are bouncing? They are getting enough to eat. Do you have a creep feeder? If so, they will soon learn to go supplement the mother's milk when they need to.

Congrats on your surprise babies!

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com