[Jacob-list] Whoops Babies born!

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Jul 15 21:16:54 EDT 2007

I think that's a meconium stain. Meconium is the first stool. It means that the lamb passed it's first fecal while being born, which generally means a slow birth. Not milk fever or ketosis. I've had a number of yellow stained lambs - they were as hardy as the rest of the lambs. If your lamb was up and nursing quickly, I sure wouldn't worry about him.
Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com