[Jacob-list] deposits

messen at socket.net messen at socket.net
Sat Jul 14 14:14:31 EDT 2007

I have never charged a deposit and have been burnt extremely seldom in
over twenty-five years. I sell most everything by word of mouth and spend
virtually nothing on advertising. This means that most of my customers
are either repeat customers or heard of me from previous customers. This
also means that most of my customers are either friends or future friends.
I sell a couple dozen sheep, half a dozen cattle, couple of dozen goats,
plus a variety of others each year and it is working for me. I have
talked to others in my area and they are amazed that people do not back
out more often. I can not explain it, but it works for me.