[Jacob-list] new on the list

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 12:24:34 EDT 2007

Welcome aboard! There are some really experienced breeders in the UK - they will no doubt identify themselves soon. If you travel there on holiday maybe you can plan a visit.

A woman who lives near me just bought four Jacobs to share with a man named Wolf (who is a part-time farmer with his own land) who goes to Germany a lot (board of directors work) - maybe I can get his name and you could meet him at an airport or railway station for lunch and sheep talk! To clarify for the general readership - this woman has her own farm and trains herding dogs as well as travels to barrel races with her husband in Canada and parts west!

Meg

Hirschi Monika <mjphirschi at dplanet.ch> wrote: Hello, my name is Monika Hirschi and I am lifing in the French Part of Switzerland (Le Locle). Since the 23rd of June I own my first Jacob ewe
with a ewe lamp. I am very happy. I found lots of information on the jsba, Linda's and also of some hp's wich link I found in the list.

I think the mouth of my ewe lamp is not really good. She can eat fine but if it will not get better, she will not be a breeding girl. Anyway at the
moment I am happy with them. To bad that it is to expensive to import from your continent. I am looking for new blood out of a flock in Austria or
Germany. I will tell you if I found a good ram. With Linda's permission I put the standard with a link to jsba on my homepage. I would love to put the list-members hp to if you want.

Does somebody have a picture of a splited eye?

Have a beautiful day!
Monika
www.wildwillow.ch