[Jacob-list] blood in urine

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 28 17:14:00 EST 2007

I have not been on here in a few months as my small flock has been doing
fine, i noticed recently my older ewe (5 years) has been coughing. Not a
lot just here and there. It has been an odd winter so far with wet mild
weather and then really cold (-20C) so i figured it was just dampness. Then
i went out today and got them to run around. The ewe is the herd queen and
very aggresive running around ramming them, then she had a bit of a coughing
fit, looked fine then took a pee and it was more red than pink. I looked
through my Pugh book but could not find anything.

Does this sound familiar? They get grain as they were all on the thin side
in the fall, and I feed them hay and that's about it. Nothing else special
about there diet, a foot of snow on the ground and they hang around the barn
all day.

tom