[Jacob-list] Copper deficiency?

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 27 21:44:22 EST 2007

can see the listing at: http://tinyurl.com/32bhpm

>Would you think that was a sign of copper deficiency? Or perhaps some

other deficiency or stress period? I've had two fleeces >over the years
that showed a very faint gray stripe in the dark wool (nothing like the
fleece on ebay).

>Linda

===========
I forgot what mineral(s) cause this, maybe it is copper; but, yes, it can
happen. I wonder about the quality of the wool I know a lady who raises
black sheep is SW Colorado and she had striped sheep for awhile. The soil
is loaded with molybdenum and other metals. It also is near mining areas.
She has to have her feed scientifically balanced by a professional in order
to avoid problems like striped fleeces. I noticed that the eBay seller is
located in Eastern Montana, perhaps another area with soils high/low in
certain minerals or the presence of a mineral that ties up the availability
of a needed mineral. I wonder about the quality of the wool fibers.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho
no stripes here