[Jacob-list] Colored Wool Sheep Show in Chico, CA

JACI SIEHL wedohoney at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 14 16:29:30 EST 2007

We are having our first Colored Wool Sheep Show this year at our local fair (Silver Dollar Fair in Chico, CA 5/23 - 5/28). This is a local show so it is not being sponsored by any of the national associations like JSBA, Shetland, or NCWGA). Because of that, the requirements are limited. The sheep do not have to be registered with any breed association. They do need to be in the scrapies program and properly ear-tagged. The only other requirement is that the owner must live in Butte, Tehama, Colusa, Glenn Yuba, Sutter or Plumas county. Right now I only have 6 breeders planning to attend (2 Jacob, one Shetland, 1 Wensleydale, and a couple crosses). We have 3 divisions and 11 classifications in each division open. That means the competition will not be too much, but gives us novices an oppotunity to show our sheep without much stress.

If anyone is interested in more information, please contact me directly at wedohoney at sgcglobal.net