[Jacob-list] Clean up rams

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Feb 24 17:53:47 EST 2007

I'm always amused (although sometimes rather frustrated) when a ewe decides she is going to have some say in the choice of a ram. Years ago, I watched RubyBelle actually back up to the barn wall to avoid the ram I'd chosen for her. After three heat periods with no breeding, I opened the gate and she ran across the yard about 200 feet directly the gate with the other ram. I opened the gate and she was bred in about two minutes. I've a few this year that caught on clean up.

My neighbor just finished kidding with 100% bucks. I'm hoping she got all the boy chromosomes for the neighborhood and I'll get the girl chromosomes.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com