[Jacob-list] AGM

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Sat Feb 24 08:25:40 EST 2007

The exchanges this week regarding the scheduling of the 2007 AGM have
been sad to read, for everyone involved.
Thoughtful, constructive and objective commentaries from Bob, Royal,
Carl and others have attempted to put this issue into perspective and
offer possible alternatives, and hopefully made a difference.

As one of the co-planners for this event, I can assure everyone that we
deliberated at length on choice of a date, but our options were limited
from the beginning by the dates available for the facility we have
chosen to use. As Linda stated, we hoped that a slightly later date
might enable more members to bring and sell lambs, which we thought
would be a distinct advantage for all who might attend. We must admit
that none of us thought about checking on the dates for the New Jersey
State Fair...nor all of the other state fairs to be held across our
nation this summer.

There was no personal affront intended to any member by selecting the
date that we did. It is hoped that many will be able to attend the
event this year....we have some great ideas and plans in motion for an
enjoyable meeting and hope that many will be able to participate in it.
We were concerned about getting the date advertised so that people could
mark their calendars, since it does depart from tradition. Seems like
everyone is now aware as to the WHEN....first week-end in August. We
have some other new ideas in progress as well, so we hope that many can
and will come, and enjoy!

On the topic of lambing, we are still waiting here. Maybe our first
arrival will make its appearance this week-end....

Cathy
http://www.patchworkfibers.com/perfectspotfarm.html