[Jacob-list] Big scare (whew!)

Hobsickle at aol.com Hobsickle at aol.com
Sat Feb 17 07:12:56 EST 2007

This past Tuesday a big storm went through part of the country. (I expect
that many of you experienced this.) The temperatures were in the single
digits with strong winds straight out of the north and good amounts of (here)
snow. I got home from school and started into chores. When I fed the rams only
three came over to eat the hay, so I went into the pen to find the fourth.
There he was--an unmoving hump of snow with horns sticking out. He looked
dead, but he's my best ram and my hope for the future, so I gathered him into my
arms and headed up to the house. When we laid him on his side in front of
the wood stove we could see that his sides were moving and a foot would
occasionally twitch. After a couple of hours it was time for bed, so we decided to
put him in the kitchen (where he could urinate on something other than
carpet, if we got so lucky) and when we rolled him onto his belly he could hold
his head up. When I got up in the middle of the night to stoke the stove,
there he was standing in the kitchen stomping at me! Now he's back out with the
sheep, acting like nothing ever happened. Boy am I thanking the Lord!