[Jacob-list] Jacob-list Digest, Vol 39, Issue 21

BIDEWEE at aol.com BIDEWEE at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 13:10:11 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/28/2007 9:15:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jacob-list-request at jacobsheep.com writes:

What makes you think it's a scam? It sounds like a lot of the first contact
emails I get (although didn't get this one) inquiring about sheep. They
gave you both names and a city. If it were me, I'd take it as a serious
inquiry. They may not end up buying anything, but it sounds that intent is there.

Linda

I agree with Linda. There's nothing in the forwarded e-mail that screams
'scam' to me. And honestly, I don't think other people's e-mails should be
forwarded to an audience like the Jacob list without their knowledge or
permission.

These days most of our sales come via Internet inquiries. Usually by the
time the sale takes place I know just about everything there is to know about
the people (their farm set up, their knowledge about sheep - or lack thereof,
their kids and dogs names, etc.) and they know everything there is to know
about the sheep they're buying. I've met some incredibly nice people that way.
And once the conversation gets serious there's usually a deposit involved
which indicates legitimate intent. The Internet has changed how people shop
these days - even for sheep, so if you have sheep to sell it's probably worth
taking the time to respond. It usually doesn't take long to determine if
they're serious. Some contacts will result in sales and some won't, but no
response guarantees no sale.
Karen Lobb

bide a wee farm
registered Jacob & Navajo-Churro Sheep
19562 NE Calkins Lane, Newberg, OR 97132 ~ 503-538-7987
karen at bideaweefarm.com ~ _www.bideaweefarm.com_
(http://www.bideaweefarm.com/)