[Jacob-list] Karakul Fleece

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Sun Dec 9 00:11:55 EST 2007

I am a case of putting the cart in front of the horse!

First we bought the sheep, The I learned to spin, and I am just now learning
to knit! LOL!

So, Yes, Im really into learning the method before really wanting a
product!

Im still on the knit and pearl stitch on a very slow to come together scarf!
But I have Lofty goals!

Most folks learn to knit well, then spin, then buy animals.. I just reversed
the order!

I have spun a little of the Jacob, and am far from perfection.. Am having
trouble with consistency of my yarn... SO I was looking at this as a fleece to
practice on!

Is anyone else showing at the National Western? We have 1 or 2 in every
available class for Nat. Colored sheep.....I hope we do well!

We are taking the Ewe and Ram that were Grand Ch. at the Estes Park (Colo)
Wool Festival. Im a bit concerned as the ram lamb that won it all.. He has an
INCREDIBLE fleece.. But really not much clearance on his horns....I guess I
will be educated if I am over-analyzing.

My ewe that was grand is another concern... as she injured her eye this
summer...... But has fully recovered without so much as a dot... But she does
have a spot of a few missing hairs on her lid.. I hope it isn't mistaken as a
split eyelid.