[Jacob-list] swollen jaw maybe from poison?

james robey jrobey at basicisp.net
Tue Aug 21 12:55:46 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a lilac ewe about four years old that got bit or ate something so her jaw swelled up really bad. I first thought bottle jaw and worms but she was wormed a week before and had firm feces. A day later her face swelled more as did her right eye. I separated her in her own shed so she wouldn't get bumped and made sure she got water through a syringe. She lost some weight but ate most of the grain and hay given to her. Now two weeks later she has still a hard lump under her jaw but is back with the flock eating. Have any of you experienced this? If so please let me know.

Thanks,
Morgan Robey