[Jacob-list] Sheep Supplies

Beryl Schwartz beryl5145 at wirelessbeehive.com
Mon Aug 20 23:40:06 EDT 2007

All,

I recently had to do some hoof trimming, and I'd like to know if those sheep
chairs work for Jacob sheep. I've seen pictures of soay sheep using them
while blindfolded. (no cigarette though!!)

Also, now that my flock is up to 10 sheep, I'm thinking about a better
feeder. Currently, I'm using two large tubs for hay, but I'm thinking that
I'm going to need a third come winter, to reduce fighting, or something
else. What kinds of feeders do folks use so that their horns don't get
hurt? Three of my girls have four horns and I worry. Plans would also be
appreciated, since I don't have tons of money to spend.

Thanks,

Beryl

Stockton, Utah