[Jacob-list] Hay Woes

messen at socket.net messen at socket.net
Fri Aug 10 19:46:18 EDT 2007

Round bales around here have always been twenty to twenty-five dollars.
Last winter when hay was short, those same bales were being sold for sixty
dollars. This year has been a decent hay year and I am buying about
twenty-five percent more hay than I expect to need. I am paying twenty
dolls each and this winter I will sell it for twenty-five dollars. My
goal is keep the gougers away from the people that I know. I know that I
can change the world, but I can still feel good about trying to treat
people with a little dignity.
Also around here nobody weighs hay. It sells by the bale and everybody
brags that "my bale is bigger than yours".

Mark in Missouri