[Jacob-list] Help! We had a big whoops last night

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 11:30:02 EDT 2007

What's your temperature there? If it's still hot, most
likely no breeding occurred. The 6 month old ram
lamb(s) would be the ones possibly able to breed.

I would definitely separate them again and check the
latch.

I would also consider using a marking harness this
fall. If you see no visible sign of breeding, then the
lamb(s) born are most likely from the whoops and not a
planned breeding. The dates will also tell the tale,
but the marking harness will give you a heads up
sooner than lambs being born.

At least they didn't break into the feed room,
overdose on feed, bloat and die....

Joy