[Jacob-list] Help! We had a big whoops last night

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 10:46:43 EDT 2007

I cant blame it on anyone, as I double checked it last night... But Somehow,
the ram lambs got the stall unlatched last night. They range in age from
3-6 months. and let themselves in with their Mom's.

I went out at around midnight last night to do a bed check of the horses and
sheep.. and saw the door open.... They were all laying down quietly
together.. But LORD KNOWS what happened in those 3 hours since i was out there!

What do I do? I have a call into the local vet.. I'm assuming Lutalyse?

I KNOW these girls breed out of season as I have a ewe with a Nov & andother
with a Dec. lamb I also have a July set of twins.!

Any advice would be appreciated... I am not excited about inbreeding my
first full breeding season.

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn
Bennett, CO