[Jacob-list] sheep show concerns

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 12:41:30 EDT 2007

Peggy - how sad! I just drove to the AGM Saturday with
my family and met Laura from Southwind Farm and pick
up a gorgeous 2H ram to use as our herd sire here at
Son Rise Farm. We prefer 2H Jacobs, especially since
our children show them at the State Fair each year and
help a lot with our animals. Need to get some photos
of him on our website. One that's there is a "baby
picture"! <grin>

I think education is the key here. Perhaps sending the
judge a copy of the Jacob breed standard?

We have a poster about Jacobs which we bring with us
to Fairs and events and hang on our pen. They show
both 2 and 4 horn Jacob sheep.

Wish we could have stayed at the AGM, but time and
finances did not allow this year. It's also very hot
here near Raleigh, NC. Over 100 degrees with heat
index. My french angoras need to be checked throughout
the day.

Happy fibering all!
Joy T.
Son Rise Farm - Creedmoor NC