[Jacob-list] Bottle Lamb

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 09:36:35 EDT 2007

WOW! Thank you all for the quick responses.. I guess you could tell I was
up fretting last night!

I considered putting yogurt in there, but figured it would be too much on
top of the Pen-G, Electrolytes, Pepto! LOL!

I gave them each 8 oz of electrolytes at 5am this morning,,, The stall they
are in does not get full light from the overhead lights, but it appeared that
there was a bit of a more formed stool on the floor, and they didn't seem to
have any fresh goo on their butts....

Im going to clean up their bums today so I can get a fresh look at what is
coming out, as well as putting down some towels in their pen so I can see what
they are pooping!

I haven't coddled them like I would LOVE to... They go in a lambing jug at
night and are out with the flock during the day.

The greenish stools worry me... and I am going to take a stool sample into
the vet today ... I think I will go ahead and treat for Coccidiosis as I read
that not all are obvious on a fecal. Anyone have any suggestions on what
medication, I see there are a few>

Also, They have access to lamb starter pellets during the day via my creep
feeder.. they eat them pretty well... I also give a handfull of good leafy
alfalfa each evening in their jug.. They have acess to that in the creep during
the day.

I dont have a local vet who is proficient in sheep.. So all of your help is
very welcomed!