[Jacob-list] Lambs...finally

Gary Anderson gbanderson at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 3 14:14:54 EDT 2007

Our first 2007 lambs are here! Last fall's breeding season was episodic
resulting from our ewes being moved from California to Michigan in October.
The first breedings resulted from a quick prostaglandin injection and 3-day
exposure to a ram while I was in Michigan to meet our moving van in early
November. The next and last breedings took place during a week-long
exposure to a ram with another trip to Michigan for the Christmas holidays.
Most of our ewes are pregnant (giving high praise to Jacob sheep fertility)
and either are lambing now or will lamb at the end of May, late but better
than no lambs at all this year. We expect to have E- and F-generation ram
lambs with West-coast genetics for sale or trade this summer. I will be
interested in getting a ram or two from this area.

Gary Anderson

Newly transplanted to Sparta, Michigan