[Jacob-list] Vinegar in water

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Sep 30 19:21:43 EDT 2006

An article in Sheep
http://www.sheepmagazine.com/issues/07_08_06.html
says 1/4 gallon of vinegar to 30 gallons of water.  I used to add vinegar to the sheep water (a glug per bucket), but I have a free flowing water system now coming from the creek which runs about 5 gallons a minute, so adding vinegar wouldn't work too well.  One thing that I noticed was vinegar really helps to keep the algae growth from developing in the water buckets.  I've read about squirting a little cider vinegar on ram's grain to help prevent UC.  I haven't tried that but, I do know that when I had ram with a UC attack, drenching him with cider vinegar sure seemed to work.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com