[Jacob-list] Show sheep in California

Robin Lynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Tue Sep 5 16:14:49 EDT 2006

After several years of "displaying" sheep at the California State Fair I decided to enter them. This year there wasn't even an "All Other Breeds" category so I couldn't enter. I have found out that the fair may be interested in soliciting more entries. I don't know if they would offer "minor" breeds, "primitive" breeds, or what--it would probably depend on the breeders who are interested. I've seen the # 30 tossed around as far as the # of animals necessary for a separate division.  I want to find out how much interest there would be in showing sheep at the CA State Fair in Sacramento next year. The sheep weekend has traditionally been over Labor Day. I think the sheep were in from Thursday through Monday. You can see the website at www.bigfun.org  You can e-mail me privately if you want to get on a "list" of people who might come to this fair.

Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA
www.meridianjacobs.com