[Jacob-list] thin ewe update

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 20:35:26 EDT 2006

well sharon seems to be puttin gon some weight, at least she is not lossing
anymore.  she still stampedes across the pasture when i rattle to grain pan,
so maybe she is one the mend.  I wormed her with valbazen and ivomec and
have been giving her shots of yogurt and lots of hay.  But as said in the
info sheets on Johne's they can show signs of improvement even when
infected.  I am going to bit the bullet and have her fecal tested for it,
but that test takes months.  My vet says having a small flock (only 7 right
now) makes my chances good that they might not all have it.  He said in
cattle infection rate was 11%.  So far so good.

Let's say she is no infected, how long should i notice her putting on
weight? Her back does not feel so bony, given a cup of grain a day plus good
feed how fast woudl an animal go from a 1 to a 2?

tom